Analyst, Senior Property-Claims
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Senior Property Claims Analyst (SPCA) directly handles diverse residential and commercial property claims from moderate to highly complex nature and greater exposure. Initially, the SPCA ensures that the matter is properly investigated while analysis of the coverage is explained and applied appropriately to the situation. The SPCA then determined the extent of damages, sets reserves, works to resolve the situation up to settlement
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate losses objectively, include expense budgets and extent of exposure, to set proper reserves for use by clients and regulatory authorities; reserves may be revised.
- Make timely initial contact with policyholders; interpret and evaluate insurance contracts for a variety of carrier clients; prepare and issue letter regarding key issues and investigation requirements.
- Retain and provide oversight for field adjusters, cause and origin experts, building consultants, engineer and other experts so claims are properly investigated/ adjusted.
- Ensure electronic claim data is properly maintained in a paperless working environment.
- Evaluate claim presentations, verifying accuracy and compliance with policy provisions.
- Issue indemnity and expense payments; respond to client audits.
- Prepare and issue timely status letters to policyholders.
- Manage complex claims with multiple lines of business, multiple risks, etc.
- Prepare detailed written captioned written reports on complex claims involving higher exposures and coverage issues
- Participate in client file reviews to discuss reserve development and claim status.
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in all applicable jurisdictions and industry specific Best Practices and detailed quality assurance standards of performance.
- Report to client as required by contractual account instructions; varying method of investigation according to type of coverage
- Obtain and maintain all required licenses and certifications and meet all continuous training and certification requirements.
- Manage litigation; select and manage experts including defense and coverage counsel
- settle claims within assigned levels of authority as set forth in complex, detailed client account instructions
- Effectuate prompt payment (with clients funds) to claimants and service providers
- Be alert to insurance fraud and implement special procedures if fraud is suspected.
- Involve client in decision-making as appropriate and/or follow client-specific requirements for escalation when client decision-making and/or notification is required
- This position manages the work of field adjusters, engineers, forensic accountants and other experts who assist in determining cause of loss, scope of damage, period of restoration and other information as needed to assist the analyst in confirming coverage and processing the claim.
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- State Adjuster licenses as required
- Have a minimum ten (ten) year of inside claims handling experience of first party commercial property losses.
- Prior experience in managing assignments to field adjusters and other experts
- Possess an advanced knowledge and understanding of residential and commercial insurance policies, including interpretation and evaluation of insurance to value requirements.
- Advanced ability to evaluate losses objectively and set/maintain proper claim reserves.
- Prepare professional business correspondence to both policyholders and clients
- Excel at handling large caseloads, particularly following catastrophic events
- Computer proficient, including the use of Word and Excel programs.
- People skills to facilitate team atmosphere and ensure all are working together
- Self-motivated, and open minded with a high initiative and energy level.