- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares reports, proposals, and meeting agendas and minutes;
- Schedules, coordinates, and attends client and/or service provider meetings;
- Maintains and oversees task lists from client meetings;
- Creates, updates, and maintains files and records;
- Maintains client websites;
- Initiates state filings of financial statements, budgets, and statements of facts;
- Acts as main contact for assigned clients;
- Responds in a timely manner to requests from clients, coworkers, service providers and others;
- Coordinates the collection of data and submissions to brokers and excess insurance carriers;
- Assists in the creation and distribution of newsletters, client information, advisories, etc.; and
- Performs other tasks upon request.
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills, and develop effective, proactive solutions;
- Complete assignments in a timely, organized manner, working independently while still collaborating effectively in a team environment;
- Recognize politically sensitive situations and work with the appropriate party(ies) to resolve or address situations;
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, codes and regulations; and
- Maintain a professional demeanor and interact positively with clients, coworkers, and other third parties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The successful candidate will have or within a reasonable time will acquire:
- Broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of self-insurance administration including governing documents, underwriting processes, regulatory requirements, and excess insurance and reinsurance placements, etc.;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google Suite is a plus.