- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
- Process high volumes of handicaps and settlements with efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify claims that have the potential to qualify for a handicap reimbursement.
- Sort through medical reports to quickly identify evidence of a pre-existing medical condition.
- Communicate with physicians both by letter and phone to obtain an opinion regarding the pre-existing condition as it relates to the workers compensation injury.
- Compile supporting medical documentation to file with the handicap reimbursement application.
- Prepare the file for hearing by coordinating a rating analysis to be used during the handicap conference.
- Occasionally attend handicap conferences at the Columbus BWC.Identify claims with lump sum settlement potential in order to reduce clients premiums.
- Analyze a clients overall rating situation in order to identify specific claims that should be settled.
- Communicate with client to determine if a settlement would be a viable option.
- Communicate with internal rates department to determine appropriate settlement amounts.
- Present the clients settlement offers to injured workers or their attorneys by letter or phone call.
- Report back to the client with offer acceptance, rejection, or counter offer.
- Prepare settlement paperwork and obtain appropriate signatures once an agreement has been reached.
- Prioritize the handicap and settlement referrals from claims examiners, account executives, sales representatives, and a system-generated list.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Two years experience in a state fund workers compensation environment, or similar experience.