- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Regional Managers oversee property and casualty loss control assignments in a specific geographic area. Duties include vendor management, inventory management, new loss control representative orientation, client relations, survey dispute resolution, and assistance with maintaining Yorks commitment to providing quality and timely survey reports for our customers. Much of the work involves heavy computer and phone use. Candidates should be knowledgeable in property and casualty insurance coverages, loss control/risk management, management skills to effectively supervise others, and familiar with Microsoft Office products. This is an office based position with opportunity for advancement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all work performed by staff and independent contract loss control representatives
- Dispatch new survey orders within the region and coordinate relief trips as needed
- Diary management for survey assignments. Review reports daily and follow up with loss control representatives on current inventory
- Provide new loss control representative orientations with online system
- Review sampling of loss control field representatives completed work product for quality issues
- Handle additional pay/compensation requests for loss control representatives
- Work with Recruiting in obtaining new loss control representatives in needed territories
- Work with Operations Manager regarding customer / representative issues
- Contact customers for contact help and/or provide status on current inventory
- Correspond with clients regarding time service issues
- Maintain Performance Standards for customer overdues and contact policies
- Manage a team of Field Coordinators assigned to the region.
- Other duties or special projects when assigned
- The Regional Manager reports to the Operations Manager
- Directs and plans the work of staff members and has direct involvement with and/or responsibility for the hiring, coaching, developing, training, appraising and disciplinary processes for subordinates
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 1 to 3 years
- Computer literate
- Full working knowledge of our system