- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Operations Manager is a member of the Operational Management team and is responsible for managing a team of two to four Supervisors and their Customer Service Support teams. Working with other Operation Managers peers in Claims, leadership and NAE & AE roles in Client Services, IT, Product and Technology, this individual is responsible for the overall success of the intake/contact center business unit, including appropriate decision making, meeting performance guarantees and standards, continuously improving the customer experience, compliance with federal and state law and appropriate resources allocation across teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Operation Leads and teams, their processes, team talent and provide tailored coaching, leadership, guidance and support to ensure successful case management and career growth.
- Implement, communicate and manage policies and procedures to comply with federal, state and client requirement, create works standards and enable organization to successfully deliver on the strategic priorities.
- Establishes data benchmarks, implement data driven decision making and identify ways to leverage data and information to identify trends to improve operational processes and results.
- Collaborate, communicate and foster alignment with other Operations Manager peers as well as departments such as Service, Product and Practices to provide value-added service to customers.
- Work with all levels of employees and stakeholders to promote engagement, create alignment and establish the partnership needed for success.
- Assist with development and implementation of measurement systems to monitor the effectiveness of business process improvement initiatives and the impact on financial performance metrics.
- Manage client relationships to ensure customer service objectives are met.
- Provide leadership and guidance on designing, improving, implementing and sustaining continuous operational improvement and problem solving capability/effectiveness and empower employees to enhance the value of service provided to customers.
- Partner with clients and other departments in the design, implementation and ongoing communication of absence management programs.
- Prepares and delivers communications, training and resource materials in partnership with training and necessary strategic peer.
- Ensures the training and development of CSS associates through periodic quality reviews and coaching.
- Assess, develop and maintain efficient operational work flows by establishing procedures, monitoring and evaluating processes, implementing improvements, staffing cases, and achieving performance standards.
- Contribute to overall department success by identifying and resolving issues Participate in all initiatives to create and implement opportunities to increase revenue.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report the quality of services that demonstrate cost savings to clients.
- Contributes to proposals and provides sales support for existing and prospective clients.
- Maintain customer service by providing information, maintaining customer relations, securing confidential information, and meeting with customers as needed to identify and resolve problems.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Health Administration or some related field
- Two years of successful experience in absence management, specifically FMLA, ADAAA, and Disability
- One year of leadership experience
- Three years of managerial experience supervising a team of associates