- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
- Great Company Looking for Great People. At York we are committed to supporting our employees and their future, we offer a competitive benefit package, a healthy work environment, a supportive team and management group who is dedicated to developing and mentoring their staff, preparing career paths and resources for success.
Local candidates preferred; No relocation assistance can be provided at this time.
We seek individuals who are passionate, believe in quality of work, delivering outstanding customer service and possess a willingness to learn.
A BI Developer is responsible for the delivery of data to various requestors in the form of reports and/or data extracts (files).
Understand the business requirements, the Data, and the Reporting needs behind each project.
Proficiency in SQL including Joins, Inserts, Updates, Creates, Alters, Sub-queries, Pivots, Loops, Cases, and basic data transformation functions
Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and able to maintain focus in a rapidly changing environment
Highly organized and able to communicate in details as well as abstractions
Insurance and Risk Services and process improvement experience a plus
- Must be able to create accurate reports; extracts etc. from various applications currently being utilized by York including Crystal Reports and SSRS
- Proficiency in writing queries in T-SQL
- Must flawlessly validate all reports for accuracy prior to distribution
- Ability to comfortably interact with end users at all levels of existing internal hierarchy.
- Ability to create efficient SSIS packages for large data sets
- Automating SSIS jobs and Stored Procedures
- Ability to ensure performance, reliability, and consistency of SSIS jobs
- Strong understanding of auditing, error handling etc.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with the business to gather requirements and transform them into technical solutions
- Analytical skills to create solutions for unique requirements
- Experience with data visualization and data modeling a plus
- Experience with Qlik Technologies a plus
- Knowledge of various report creation applications along with system table structure. (including Crystal Reports and SSRS)
- Advanced database development knowledge (SQL Server)
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5 to 7 years