Absence Management Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
- Serve as primary contact for client by managing leave of absence administration (FMLA, STD, LTD) as determined by client contract.
- Communicate thoroughly with client and claimant on all aspects of claims process either by phone or written correspondence.
- Provide customer service to claimant by offering absence information and answering questions regarding their rights and responsibilities.
- Inform claimants of documentation required to process claims, required time frames and claim status information.
Administer claims by:
- Processing disability/FMLA paperwork,
- Analyzing FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Communicating absence and return to work information to client
- Staffing claims with clinician, as appropriate
- Coordinating certain types of leaves with client Human Resources Department
- Communicating decisions and on-going expectations with claimants and clients
- Tracking FMLA absences, per client calendar
- Troubleshoot disability and absence issues
- Verifying return to work status
- Prepare reports and analysis on various compensation, benefit and absence tracking.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School degree, or GED equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience in the employee benefits, disability, FMLA, claim administration, and/or medical management related disciplines, preferred.
- Two years experience in the employee benefits field with a concentration on disability, FMLA, claim administration, and/or medical management related disciplines
- Knowledge of FMLA regulations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to present ideas and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and other computer applications
- Strong administrative abilities, problem solving and judgment skill