Executive Administrative Assistant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Executive Administrative Assistant in Northbrook, IL!
The scope of this position is to provide administrative support to our Home Office Directors and staff. Your proactive assistance in this fast paced environment will be capitalized on. This role requires independent judgment performed under general direction, using procedures standard to the organization. Daily work includes both routine tasks and special projects.
- Ability to prioritize work, solve problems and organize own time with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written responses to inquiries regarding processes.
- Must be able to work in a confidential fast paced environment
- Manage phones, maintain calendars/follow-up systems, e-mail.
- Schedule meetings/rooms, equipment, and refreshments: secure travel arrangements and submit expense reports as needed
- Create presentations and documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills. This includes but is not limited to organization charts, phone listing, employee listings
- Handling multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact
- Process incoming mail, order and stock supplies; maintain mailroom, copy and Fax machines
- Administrative support to the Senior Managers and department (project updates, database updates and reports)
- Taking initiative, using good judgment, understand deadlines, and carrying multiple projects through to completion with an ability to work independently under general direction, prioritize work, and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written response to inquiries regarding routine situations
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to complete a professional document utilizing basic grammar, spelling, and format skills
- Knowledge of major department/business unit functions
- Ability to prepare presentations independently
- Advanced knowledge of required software applications
- Identify, initiate, recommend, and implement corrective action within workgroup
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement beyond workgroup
- Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including difficult situations
- Assimilate, gather, and summarize detailed information for a response/decision
- Ability to train and lead routine work processes
- High level of contacts and exposure to sensitive information requiring the use of tact and judgment
- Capable of independent judgment when solving problems on own
- Work under general direction
2 years plus administrative experience preferred
High School Diploma or GED required
Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Proficient Internet and Intranet navigation
Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, flexibility, adaptability
Strong oral and written communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.