BUILD YOUR FUTURE…WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
IT Lead QA BI Analyst Job Summary
Salary Range: $86,825 - $99,849 - $112,873
The IT Lead QA BI Analyst ideally will have experience in working with an Agile environment and a minimum of 3 y ears of experience working in Data Warehousing/BI Projects and has a good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts (end to end) ; Technical and functional expertise in ETL testing projects including the ability to follow functional ETL specifications. Experience in testing Data Warehouse/Datamarts as well as in testing BI reports (preferably Cognos). Need to have a very strong understanding of DB concepts and has worked on at least one of the following databases, e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Netezza, and/or Teradata.
This position will be responsible for leading testing teams through all aspects of the Westfield testing methodology. This includes focusing on test strategy, creating a productive and collaborative team environment, and delivering accurate and timely results. Indirect leadership responsibilities include coaching team members, evaluating risks and alternative testing approaches, setting team priorities and assuming process ownership. Technical lead ership includes planning and organizing workload for a team, delegating work and making timely decisions based on analysis. This position interfaces with cross-functional teams to manage defects, compile test results and communicate issues, risks and status on a timely basis to ensure the solution meets business requirements. Provides leadership and subject matter expertise across IT including Testing Services Group (TSG) supported applications and technical direction.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
All functions below are important. Given the assignments of an individual within the team, the frequency in which these functions are performed will vary.
1. Responsible for leading all aspects of assigned release(s). This includes defining and executing the test plan for system development efforts taking into consideration the release risks and considering alternative testing approaches. Facilitates test plan reviews or participates in test plan reviews based on size and complexity of change.
2. Leads the execution of test cases for assigned releases to include functional testing, results validation, regression testing, system integration testing, automated testing, user interface and user acceptance testing in comparison to defined business requirements.
3. Leads large scale testing projects including coaching team members on testing techniques and problem solving skills, evaluating risks and alternative testing approaches, setting team priorities and assuming process ownership.
4. Integrates test plan with overall development plan and provides input into release schedule and ensures test plan/test cases provide complete coverage of requirements for planned releases.
5. Communicates with business analysts, architects, developers, database administrators regarding status and issues on a timely basis.
6. Responsible for TSG standards adherence and governance with regards to test cases, test planning, estimation process, time reporting and appropriate participation in review sessions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5+ years of testing experience, including 3+ years of experience leading major testing initiatives.
2. Demonstrated experience with large scale projects including leadership, priority setting, decision making responsibilities, and informing.
3. Proven ability to achieve goals by managing teams, measuring work and building a team environment.
4. Demonstrated experience in executing and reporting results of test cases in test management tools (i.e. HP Quality Center, HP Unified Functional Test, etc.).
5. Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand complex systems and integrations.
6. Proven ability work effec tively without the entire picture and seize opportunities with minimal planning.
7. Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of the company.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in writing complex SQL.
9. Proven ability to use Cognos tools (Analysis Studio, Query Studio, and Standard Reporting) AND/OR IBM IIS tools (DataStage and QualityStage) to fulfill business requirements, if applicable.
10. Demonstrated working knowledge of web services and SOA concepts is desired based on assignment.
11. Bachelor’s Degree OR commensurate experience.
12. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential funct ions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pens ion plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$86825.0 - US$112873.0 per year