Business Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
In this role you will use your business and technical knowledge to participate in the re-engineering of business processes to improve business results. You will evaluate business requirements, model data and define system requirements. You will analyze and document business problems, develop test plans, and test and approve new system functionality.
- Evaluates moderate to complex business requirements; performs process analysis of customer activities to determine alternative business solutions or process improvement opportunities. Develops and maintains documentation of business requirements and application standard operating procedures.
- Analyzes and documents moderate to complex business problems and provides recommendations based on research of industry trends, business products, competitors and performance analysis for optimal business solutions. Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of programs.
- Develops business client testing strategies, plans cases and conditions traceable to business requirements; tests and monitors testing efforts; reviews and approves new system functionality to ensure alignment with business requirements and objectives.
- Articulates complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and direction to project team; educates IT employees on business vision and plan and both IT and business employees on the impact of change.
- Creates and implements business process standards and procedures; evaluates industry wide standards. Develops methods and tools to track and measure results.
- May consult on complex business issues and design considerations.
- Performs or directs research activities on industry trends, business products and competitors. Analyzes trends and is responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Works with other departments to coordinate interdepartmental activities in order to ensure that the company meets customer expectations.
- Provides system support for suite of applications. Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies.
- Troubleshoots complex issues, determines root cause, and designs solution
- Analyzes data to assess quality and anticipate challenges utilizing data to fulfill business requirements
- Executes ad-hoc queries in support of various business functions.
- Prepares user documentation and training materials. Provides technical training and user support to business groups. Develops communication plans and related activities.
- Performs special projects as requested
- Demonstrated strength in requirements analysis and documentation skills.
- Experience in communicating business requirements to technical resources.
- Experience with end to end test cycle.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Moderate to Extensive knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies as well as business process and information flow.
- Understanding of business practices common across many businesses.
- Understanding of re-engineering approaches. General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- General knowledge of diverse technologies and new and current architectures. Skills in object, data and / or process modeling; financial analysis and planning, business value analysis; business process design.
- Negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in P&C Insurance Industry.
- Experience in Guidewire Policy Center is a plus.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of core insurance systems, Policy Admin, Billing and Claims
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in business or technical discipline or equivalent experience along with 5 years of hands-on business analyst and/or applications programming experience preferred. Supervisory or leadership experience leading a project team is highly desirable. Must be able to demonstrate proven ability to communicate effectively with all departments and correctly analyze business needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H