AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services is seeking a skilled 2nd shift Mail Systems Operator for our Independence (Seven Hills) location.Responsibilities
- Ability to set up, troubleshoot, and operate Inserting Machines as well as peripheral mailing & finishing equipment such as printers, cutters, meters and folders.
- Maintains equipment by following manufacturers recommendations on maintenance and operations under close direction / supervision.
- Individual must able be able to follow defined operating processes and quality control procedures.
- Assists with inserting machine parts installation and cleaning operations as required.
- Assists Inventory Clerk in staging work area so that all necessary raw materials are on hand pertaining to daily work orders and advises Inventory Clerk, Supervisor or Team Lead, of material shortages.
- Assures sufficient tools and equipment are on hand to efficiently perform assigned tasks.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and efficient working environment by:
- Follows established safety procedures and rules
- Follows proper operation of equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance requirements on equipment
- Follows manufacturers instruction when troubleshooting malfunctions
- Requests need for repairs in a timely fashion
- Keeps equipment, tools, supplies and raw materials in a neat and orderly fashion
- Maintains appropriate supply and raw material levels.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by
- Keeping information confidential
- Protecting printed documentation per established policies and procedures
- Contributes to team effort by
- Accomplishing consistent results in a cooperative and supportive manner
- Assisting associates with projects or administrative work overload
- Ensure resources are available during normal working hours to assure maximum uptime by
- Quickly resolving issues involving print, machinery or technical problems
- Perform necessary safety requirements and certifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow AmTrusts ANA Policy Handbook
- Completes AmTrust training initiatives
Aptitude in operating machinery / mechanically inclined
Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
Verbal communication skills
Read a job order and understands steps required in that workflow, so output is correct.
Ability to handle multiple tasks
Operation of PC basic function of MS Office applications (Word, Excel). Capable of navigating Internet Explorer, uploading and downloading files
Can estimate and schedule work load so that SLAs can be met.
Active team member and can foster teamwork
Coach and mentor other Department associates
- Prior experience with Bell & Howell Inserting Machines desirable Forerunner and Combo
- Machine Inserting, Print production and/or Mailroom experience preferred
- A strong electronics and mechanical background preferred
- Training and Certification on Inserting machines or comparable.
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Comprehend technical troubleshooting (fault codes, image quality)
- Associates Degree technical field desired
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2+ years related industry/equipment experience
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in an on-demand environment
- Other Equipment Knowledge or Training (for example: copiers, finishing equipment, postage meters, envelope printers, scales, mail systems, shipping systems)
- Other Printing Department specific training (for example: Xerox High Speed Commercial Printers)
- Basic math skills (multiplication, division and percentages)
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.