Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Please note that only candidates with an active 2-20 Florida P&C license and a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in Commercial Insurance will be considered for this position.
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The ideal candidate will be extremely customer service oriented and will represent the agency with the highest ethical standards with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of industry experience. The candidate must be an exceedingly effective communicator and a team player. This is a fast paced environment and requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize on a daily basis. The individual should have a positive attitude and be a quick learner. He/she must be able to work independently in this position.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Assist Producer in servicing and remarketing existing accounts for commercial lines.
- Keep producer informed regarding client issues.
- Visit clients outside the office with the producer as needed.
- Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal information. Maintain expiration control log.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including loss history.
- Work closely with company underwriters in negotiating sales and service related items on behalf of the client.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with company representatives and underwriters.
- Cross-sell and round out existing accounts within assigned Book of Business.
- Determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients.
- Prepare coverage comparisons as needed.
- Issue binders, extensions and certificates as needed with assistance from CSA.
- Maintain all underwriting, marketing, applications, and other information essential for documentation purposes.
- Review incoming mail, route appropriate items to CSA for processing and prioritize daily workflow.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Process transactions to generate billing invoices and prepare premium finance contracts with assistance from CSA.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance matters or administrative issues, and comply with the request.
- Search company records to obtain information requested by customer.
- Analyze policy transactions and correct company records to adjust errors.
- Interpret policy provisions to determine methods of effecting desired changes, type of insurance, or change in method of payment.
- Maintain paper and electronic activity system and documentation to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and activity items.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 2-20 License Required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Continuing Education
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.