Product Manager - A&H
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for Accident & Health insurance products in a specified territory or region and will have assigned product responsibility and development of strategic and tactical planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Assist with product development of new and existing programs
- Manage, implement, and maintain state insurance offerings
- Meet state/zone volume and profit objectives
- Direct and develop staff within geographic scope
- Direct the profitability, conservation, refinement, and geographic expansion of existing business and implementation of any new product structures
- Direct state and product efforts with IT, Sales, Compliance, Marketing, Finance, and other areas both within the division and throughout the enterprise
- Ensure all state and product initiatives are complaint with regulations, consistent within the division, and meet with company strategies
- Analyze and evaluate monthly/quarterly financial results while identifying and developing areas of improvement opportunity and growth
- Communicate results and action plans with staff members on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Analyze premium/loss trends and implement product changes
- Provide overall business leadership for the product in selected states across functions
- Monitor competitive and regulatory activities within the marketplace
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of Business or Product Management experience in Insurance, Actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, risk management, economics or business administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and analyze complex data sets
- Highly proficient in managing and manipulating data in Excel, Access, and preferably in SAS
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, make decisions, and see trends/patterns within data sets
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively sell a product
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Thorough understanding of group health plan administration, medical claims and billing practices, utilization review, cost containment procedures, recovery and subrogation procedures, marketing leadership and brand management.
- Masters Degree preferred
- Expertise with DOI and legal regulations as it pertains to insurance products and services
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.