Senior Claims Analytics Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for data preparation, data mining, model development, report building and results presentation of moderate to complex projects in support of Claims Operations and Special Investigations. Work closely with senior leaders to help set the direction and formulate business strategy for National General Insurance. Serve as mentor for others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Mentor other team members as needed
- Lead analytic initiatives and conduct research studies as assigned
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and determine appropriate linkages across disparate data sources
- Evaluate information on an ongoing basis from multiple systems and dynamically monitor critical measures
- Work cross functionally to gather requirements from multiple departments, translate requirements into specifications and develop robust analytic workflows
- Collaborate with business units to continuously innovate new measures of company performance
- Ensure Claims Leadership can manage to KPIs specific to their functional area and to established target levels
- Develop predictive models to support and improve operational decision making throughout the claims lifecycle
- Work with Material Damage, SIU and other Claims areas to identify reporting gaps and implement solutions to close gaps
- Assist others in production of reports, reporting solutions and system issues according to Analytic Department standards of quality and customer service
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL queries against enterprise databases
- 3+ years of experience developing quantitative approaches on various data sources in any combination of the following areas: summarization, aggregation, prediction, classification, clustering and/ or time series
- Experience utilizing business intelligence and reporting tools on current technology platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience working with text analysis and unstructured data
- 7+ years of experience in writing advanced SQL in multiple syntaxes
- Extensive experience in designing and maintaining time critical reports and dashboards
- Experience with high level languages and/ or analytics software package
- Experience with R, Python and/ or SAS
- Experience with incongruous data sources, both intra-company and external
- Experience working in P&C
- Ability to stay abreast and learn new technologies
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.