Senior Data Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position is responsible for the data analysis, data mining, and designing actionable dashboards for business users. Providing guidance to Technology teams building the enterprise data warehouse will be a key responsibility. The ability to disseminate technical information into business insights for non-technical audiences is important. The Senior Data Analyst must create complex queries and logic while assisting end-users with unique data needs. The candidate must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and requests for assistance. Assigned projects will be completed independently with little to no supervision.
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Developing SQL Queries, Oracle Packages and Stored Procedures
- Good understanding of Relational and Non-Relational Database concepts and working experience with databases like Oracle and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehousing concepts and solutions including ETL, Data Warehousing models, data marts, reporting, and testing
- Perform testing of reports to ensure compliance with user requirements
- Understanding of data science concepts and expert business knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance operations
- Mentor junior data analysts
- Strong Work Ethic must be results oriented, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and show weekly progress on long-term projects.
- Quantitative Aptitude ability to apply actuarial and statistical concepts to develop business solutions.
- Adaptability has the entrepreneurial spirit to be successful in a dynamic, changing environment and comfortable embracing new technologies.
- Team Player proactively establish working relationships, foster teamwork and cooperation with others.
- Communication able to express ideas effectively in written and verbal form.
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science or related subjects required. 4+ years of Property & Casualty experience in an Actuarial Analyst or Data Analyst role required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H