National General Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Resolves complex commercial property losses generally in excess of $250,000 by investigating damages, negotiating adjustment of losses with corporate management, brokerage personnel, lawyers, accountants or public adjusters representing the insured; presents evidence in legal proceedings. The National General Adjusters role varies including direct loss assignment handling, assisting branches or Technical Services on loss handling, catastrophe claims assistance, and management of accounts. Provides peer review on assignments to other staff.Responsibilities
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage.
- Ability to manager complex claims and other personnel including adjuster team experts and consultants.
- Ability to provide successful succession planning, mentoring and assisting losses with other staff.
- Investigates claims or directs personnel in local branch in doing so by interviewing claimants, witnesses and other interested parties; by obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, by comparing claim information with evidence and/or by consulting with experts.
- Sets estimate loss values for clients.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford & Company.
- Communicates adjustment recommendations to appropriate parties after determining liability.
- Controls claim costs.
- Recommends litigation when appropriate.
- Presents evidence and serves as an expert witness at legal proceedings.
- Maintains company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with federal and state regulations and corporate quality standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Makes sales calls to solicit new business.
- Ability to acquire and develop client relationships that result in nominated accounts and business development.
- Requires two years college or an equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor's degree preferred. Previous experience adjusting complex property or liability claims. General experience level in excess of 10 years handling claims or working within industry segment.
- Must be licensed as required by state and local jurisdictions. Must have a valid drivers license. Must complete designated courses while in position in order to advance.
- Completion of GTS qualification questionnaire is required for position of NGA.
- Excellent knowledge of interpretation of insurance coverages, customs and practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.