AmTrust Financial Services
Claims Adjuster I
Responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and settlement or declination of insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insureds and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review, process and conclude high exposure liability claims or those limited in exposure but occasionally complex in nature
- Oversee and direct a majority of litigated or potentially litigated claims, directing and controlling the work and expenses of investigative services or attorneys
- Assess coverage and review claims for purposes of investigations, action plans, evaluation, fraud and resolution potential
- Conduct a thorough analysis of liability and damages
- Continually assess exposure and evaluate for accurate reserves
- Prepare Large Loss Reports and maintain ongoing claim updates
- Complete quality investigations by gathering all pertinent information (recorded statements, review of police and medical reports, photographs and appraisals/estimates of damages, etc.)
- Determines if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Maintains appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and controls loss adjustment expenses
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in job-related functions
- Insurance coursework (e.g. IIA, CPCU, SCLA and AEI) is beneficial.
- Maintain valid adjusters license(s) in states assigned or an ability to obtain same
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.