AmTrust Financial Services
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., (Nasdaq: AFSI) headquartered in New York City, is a multinational insurance holding company, which, through its insurance carriers, offers specialty property and casualty insurance products, including workers' compensation, commercial automobile and general liability; extended service and warranty coverage. AmTrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Bodily Injury Adjuster.Responsibilities
The Bodily Injury Adjuster is responsible for confirming coverage, making 24-hour contact with involved parties, investigating accidents and adjusting commercial auto and truck claims involving Bodily injury and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist. Duties include:
- Review policy in conjunction with the loss facts and claim investigation to evaluate and determine the applicability of coverage for the claim.
- Complete quality investigations either directly or through field investigators by obtaining recorded statements and interviews from the insured, claimant and witnesses as well as gather other investigation documents i.e. police reports, forensic investigation reports from experts, scene photos, vehicle photos, etc.
- Conduct and complete a thorough analysis of liability and evaluation of plaintiff injuries
- Document and respond to all correspondence
- Document reports, discussions, action plans and decision points
- Pro-active litigation management
- Handle negotiations and mediations
- College degree preferred, but not a prerequisite for this position; however, employee must possess requisite claim acumen, knowledge and experience normally gained from handling bodily injury claims, including claims in litigation.
- Good knowledge of insurance theory and practices, insurance contracts and their application.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position.
- Must hold Florida 620 Adjusting license.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating initiative and persistence along with critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills to work with insured(s), plaintiffs, agents and attorneys in a variety of challenging situations.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions within authority level.
- Good knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in short time parameters.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete Large Loss Reports.
- Ability to handle claims involving litigation.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to learn and effectively operate computer equipment and applications.
- Ability to handle high exposure claims.
- Ability to handle multi-jurisdictional claims
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.