Employee Relations Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Human Resource Centralized Employee Relations Team (CERT) collaborates and consults with employees and leaders on employee relations issues and concerns to ensure consistency with processes; provides insights, recommendations, and implements strategies that include best practices, analyzing trends through rigorous measurement; influences change based on results; and provides leadership education in collaboration with Human Resource business partners and company leadership.
The Employee Relations Analyst provides assistance in the development and/or implementation of processes, products, and services. The Analyst III role leads small projects. The role collaborates with other members of the CERT in completing employee relations actions. Works under general direction, guided by assignment objectives. Builds knowledge of all business units throughout the enterprise including unique processes/practices. Establishes relationships and works directly with business leaders in presenting problem analysis and recommended solutions.
- Handles employee relations cases as assigned
- Handles cases generally involving non-exempt employees through salary band B2
- Timely initial contact with involved parties
- Effective coaching and consulting
- Timely and detailed documentation within Case Management Tool
- Job Abandonment Letter
- Gathers facts and coaches manager on appropriate actions
- Advises manager on appropriate next steps
- Supports CERT members on the job abandonment process
- Allstate i-Report
- Determines resolution and make recommendation to CERT Assoc Manager for approval to take action
- Discusses resolution with necessary parties and informs GCS of resolution
- Unacceptable Notification
- Provides coaching to employees and leaders as appropriate relative to issues pertaining primarily to Attendance UN and Performance UN. Some cases involving Behavior UN for non-exempt employees
- Makes recommendation to CERT Assoc Manager to determine if UN is the applicable next step. If so, provides more coaching to the leader to ensure the leader has all the tools necessary to develop/write the UN
- Once the UN draft is completed by the manager, reviews the document and make recommendations
- Coaches leadership on next steps
- Involuntary Termination
- With guidance, determines if involuntary termination is appropriate
- Prepares termination package, obtain appropriate approvals/signatures
- Local Investigations
- Supports other CERT members if needed in completing local interviews
- Reviews relevant evidence and interview applicable witnesses as directed
- Provides facts to include in the final Summary of Investigation
- Workforce Transition Execution
- Supports local HR partners and business leader with conducting impacted employee conversations with dignity and respect
- Ensures separation materials are accurate and complete
- Policy Clarification
- Determines specific details and conduct required research on basic/routine cases
- With guidance from CERT Assoc Manager, resolves inquiry and provides coaching for future inquiries
- Documents inquiries and resolutions in Case Management Tool. Owns the report creation and trend analysis
- Identifies trend information and share with team and CERT Assoc Manager in order for applicable leadership training/development to be developed and delivered
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 0-2 years of related experience preferred
- Professional with good organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle projects, prioritize and organize
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite and SAP preferred
- Ability to establish relationships with internal and external partners
- Creative thinking and routine problem solving
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.