Data Analytics Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Data Analytics is the foundation for data-driven decision making at Allstate Benefits. This team works across the organization to manage the analysis, modeling, and strategy of data at Allstate Benefits. By partnering with different business areas, this team can identify growth opportunities, improve profitability, and provide transparency by using data and analysis to solve business problems.
The Data & Analytics-Consultant is responsible for supporting data analytics initiatives in order to generate business value and and provide quantitative support for management and business decisions. The Consultant combines business knowledge, technical skills, and quantitative ability in order to identify and resolve complex problems. Manipulation of data, exploratory data analysis, running and evaluation of models, and development of advanced reporting are all tasks that would be part of daily responsibilities of the Consultant.
- Extracts and transforms data from different areas to be used for modeling and reporting
- Analyzes data in order to derive insight and find actionable initiatives
- Use predictive modeling techniques to enhanced business understanding and drive decision making
- Provides reporting support to various business units in the organization
- Bachelors degree required in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or similar discipline
- 0-2 years of business experience and/or data management experience
- Possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work with, explore, and analyze large volumes of data
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to support complex analysis
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
- Ability to quickly master and utilize various software tools
- Strong technical skillset required, including Microsoft Excel
- Experience with R, SAS, SQL preferred
- Programming experience is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.