Data Science Marketing Director
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science (D3) General Management job family is accountable for meeting business goals through the use of teams that vary in size depending on the scale and complexity of the business need. This job family works with various stakeholders throughout the enterprise to develop effective relationships to support business goals. Additionally, this job family is responsible for ensuring successful execution of the organizational structure as it relates to portfolio management, quality of deliverables and expense management.
The Director in D3 is responsible for influencing the overall health of the organization to ensure departmental goals are in accordance with company goals and priorities. The Director provides thought leadership, oversight of several individual teams and effective communication to ensure direct line of sight is drawn between corporate and departmental goals. This individual sets strategic direction for his/her teams in support of the business objectives of the company and ensures the structure and processes needed to effectively execute are in place. The Director is held accountable to a high level influence for overall success of the organization. The Director will have key accountabilities for portfolio management, business consulting, site management and expense management.
- Provides coaching to team leaders and staff on personal development. Leads organizational focus on talent development and succession management
- Creates and leads change across multiple organizations in alignment with enterprise change initiatives
- Provides and communicates strategic vision and provides line of sight between their work and Allstate strategies
- Reviews and consults on the strategy in collaboration with other leaders. Translates the strategic direction of the function into priorities and objectives for the group
- Ensures departmental objectives and priorities are integrated with, and contributes to, the overall corporate strategy
- Takes responsibility for the execution of strategy and holds self and others accountable for producing results
- Utilizes economic, financial, and organizational data to build business cases for major initiatives. Analyzes business performance or trends of any organization: competitors, customers, or partners
- Works to achieve consensus across organizational and functional lines and obtains timely decisions from multiple parties in an efficient manner.
- Recognizes and effectively addresses politically challenging situations. Uses his/her understanding of company-specific factors (e.g., structural, cultural, political, financial) to determine the best approach to a problem or opportunity.
- Thought leader in development of complex ideas and organization strategy that have long-term strategic impact and aligns with Enterprise direction. Responsible for implementation of strategy
- Represents Allstate on panels, in outside venues or forums
- Anticipates needs of the organization and leads efforts for continuous improvements with systems design and processes
- Provides sponsorship and champions process improvements that have long term broad organizational impacts
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 10+ years experience; prior insurance experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced time, organizational and project management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced conflict resolution skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.