- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Communications Consultant completes moderately complex and occasionally complex project work, develops communication strategies and implements plans for the business units or external constituents as assigned, with minimal guidance. The outcomes of their work are focused on improving the internal and external reputation of Allstate and partner business units by building relationships, reinforcing key messages and producing a favorable business environment with key shareholders including the Allstate business units, agency owners and employees.
- Creates moderately complex and complex internal / external communication plans that consider all internal/external stakeholders and are aligned with corporate priorities and messaging with minimal guidance
- Implements and measures moderately complex and occasionally complex internal/external communications plans to ensure integration and consistency of messaging among all stakeholders with minimal guidance
- Develops key messages and a variety of communications to help drive engagement, line of sight and culture change among internal/external stakeholders.
- Identifies emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and reputation of the RMBC and Allstate.
- Implement and manage events and special projects with minimum guidance
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and where applicable, begin to manage vendor partners.
- BA in communications, journalism, or related field preferred
- Writing: Knowledge of the Associated Press Style Guide. Develops error-free basic and complex written communications that meet requirements/needs and demonstrates consistent correct usage of grammar and punctuation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud: familiarity required, proficiency preferred
- Social media experience in a business environment is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with Share point, video production and editing, and/or knowledge of video scribe / articulate will be a plus
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to work on a variety of concurrent projects in a time sensitive environment
- Creative Thinking: Experience generating innovative solutions to address client / company issues, presents solutions clearly, enhances existing ideas to maximize opportunities for clients, and supports a creative, innovative environment.
- Counseling: Experience identifying and recommends opportunities for client, proposes and probes implications of alternative strategies.
- Client Interaction: Serves as a liaison between client or external stakeholder and department. Maintains balance between client interests and company interests.
- Team Skills: Ability to create cooperative atmosphere to foster teamwork; helps facilitate conversations so all points of view are considered, puts work, team or organizational goals ahead of individual issues, exhibits leadership skills and maintains diplomacy in pressure or conflict situations.
- Project Management: Develops work plans to organize project into tasks, sequences activities to achieve maximum efficiency, estimates and manages time and budget required to complete tasks. Identifies issues and takes action to adjust the plan while remaining committed to project deadlines and timelines.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to prepare presentations incorporating key messages. Effective presentation skills and persuasion skills.
- Communication Strategy and Planning: Experience assisting in the execution and planning of communication strategy. The ability to develop a basic tactical plan with awareness of cost.
- Reputation and Brand Management: Ability to identify reputational risks that have or could have impact on overall business performance and RMBC/Allstates reputation.
- Communication Skills: Ability to develop and implement internal/external communication strategies that create an understanding of corporate and RMBC priorities, providing context on issues and initiatives, building employee/agency engagement, and helping people to understand their role and how it contributes to the success of Allstate.
- Issues Management: Ability to communicate with key stakeholder groups in a crisis situation and assist in the development and maintenance of crisis communication plans.
- Prior experience in a communication function within a business environment is preferred.
- Related Business Acumen is a plus: Knowledge of processes and procedures of the Risk Management Business Center and Allstates organization policies and procedures in order to apply understanding to communication efforts developed as part of the functions responsibilities. Basic knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating the application of the skills outlined will be required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.