Sr DevOps Solution Architect
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The purpose of the Solution Architecture (SA) function at Assurant is to provide leadership and technical guidance in the design and implementation of technology solutions to gain competitive advantage in support of business needs and strategy.
The Senior Development/Security/Operations (DevSecOps) Solution Architect translates business requirements into implementable technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible. They do so by designing optimal pipelines- including process and automated technology- to maximize the velocity of software delivery. The Senior DevSecOps SA provides leadership to ensure successful implementation working iteratively with the team to bring about successful and timely delivery of business-centric, integrated technology solutions aligned with Enterprise Architecture.
The Senior DevSecOps Solution Architect is responsible for the following:
- DevSecOps Solution Design (25%): The Senior DevSecOps SA interacts with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts to map business requirements onto technology solutions that maximize velocity through the use of highly automated software delivery pipelines. The DevSecOps SA optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
- Solution Communication and Documentation (10%): The Senior DevSecOps SA provides clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively.
- Technology Leadership (25%): The Senior DevSecOps SA ensures that designed Solutions are successfully implemented by participating in all phases of the SDLC to support product delivery teams. The SA works iteratively to ensure that systems are successfully evolved and delivered as maintainable finished solutions.
- Technology Research (5%): The Senior SA conducts research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives.
- Architecture Evolution (5%): The Senior SA reviews the current technology architecture landscape and seeks ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments in DevSecOps and automation. The Senior SA works with line management in establishing technical directions and strategies that ensure cross-platform architectural components properly fit within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained.
- Definition of DevSecOps Architecture Best Practices (10%): The Senior SA supports the team in the development of best practices, documentation templates and process and workflow to optimize delivery.
- Mentoring and Support for Team Members (15%): The Senior SA supports the team through mentoring and ongoing guidance for fellow team members.
- Prioritization and Management of the DevSecOps product backlog (5%): The Senior SA works with business and technology management to help manage and prioritize the teams engagement with a specific business line or area.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field,
- 7+ years of intermediate to senior level experience in multiple information technology disciplines such as Host/Server technology, communications (voice/data), PCs, mobile devices, virtualization, databases, applications, middleware, web technologies, data security and operating systems. Broad experience in different technology stacks such as IBM - Java/J2EE or Microsoft (.NET).
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing automated software products cloud or hybrid cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies
- 2+ years or experience with software configuration management and/or release automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- 2+ years or experience in designing automated CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with and understanding of the deliverables and value proposition of Solutions Architecture
- Experience delivering business-centric, integrated technology solutions at an international scale
- Understanding of corporate strategy (and how technology supports and enables)
- Deep understanding of technology trends and a broad knowledge of technology products and vendors
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; Problem solving; Creative thinking, developing and acting on ideas.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in order to communicate to peers, management, and business unit staff
- Knowledge of IT systems technology developments and trends.
- Broad knowledge in technology products.
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Familiarity with leveraging the Microsoft tool chain for DevOps including but not limited to:
- Team Foundation Server/VSTS
- Octopus and/or Microsoft Release Manager
- Azure and related platforms and technologies (Cosmos DB, Application Insights, SQL PaaS, etc.)
- Microsoft System Center
- Powershell and Powershell DSC
- Microsoft Service Fabric
- Additional DevOps Experience a plus on any of the following disciplines:
- CI/CD toolchains, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Configuration management and orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt,
- Container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Swarm
- Use of the Atlassian stack (Jira, etc.)
- Experience with common system integration and services frameworks such as SOA
- Experience participating in a diverse team setting
- Ability to act in a leadership role supporting teams of skilled resources
- Extensive knowledge of IT development best practices and processes
- Experience in mentoring and educating fellow technology staff members
- Ability to manage reporting and metrics for a small set of work efforts