SIU Claims Investigator 1
- Career Level
- Not Specified
SpecialInvestigations Unit (SIU) Claims Investigator
Joinour hardworking, collaborative team where your contributions will be celebratedand valued.
WhyStillwater? Were a national insurance provider that offers a fullsuite of insurance products and services. We strive to be the most respectedinsurance provider in the United States and that respect starts with ouremployees.
Wecurrently have an opening for anSIU Claims Investigator. We prefer the investigator work in eitherour Jacksonville, Florida or Omaha, Nebraska offices but, will consider aremote investigator with the right experience. Thesuccessful candidate will be responsible for the investigation of claims todetect then investigate potential fraud in a professional manner protecting thecompany from fraudulent activity and bad faith damages. This willinvolve both conducting investigations then reporting to the claims examinerhandling the claim and some direct claim handling of both theft and otherproperty and casualty claims.
Keyresponsibilities include but, are not limited to:
* Conduct timelyinvestigations and resolution of theft claims and other property and casualtyclaims in accordance with state regulatory requirements and departmentguidelines, while providing outstanding customer service to our policyholders.
* Identifycontractors, individuals, providers, and/or professionals that are involved insuspicious activities.
* Conduct interviewsand obtain detailed recorded statements from all involved parties.
* Conduct thoroughsearches using internal, industry and internet databases and other resources.
* Work with StateFraud Bureaus, Law Enforcement and other Special Investigators.
* Handle claims inaccordance with state and department guidelines as requested.
* BachelorsDegree in Criminal Justice and/or experience in either SIU or Claims, includinga knowledge of suspicious loss indicators and the steps needed to resolve thoseindicators.
* Ability tomulti-task and be an effective planner with above average time management andorganizational skills.
* Excellentinterviewing and communication skills, both verbal and written skills.
* Ability to workwell independently and in a team environment.
- Current Florida Adjusters License or successful completion ofFlorida adjusters licensing program within sixty (60) days of employment.
- PriorSIU, Private Investigations or Property and Casualty Claims experience,including casualty and/or automobile claims experience.
- Workingknowledge of Special Investigative Unit skills and investigative techniques.
- Strongdesire to exhaust all leads and to complete a thorough and objective investigation toachieve an accurate conclusion.
Business casual workenvironment wear your jeans to work.
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits to keep you and your familyprotected.
401(k)Plan to help you plan for your retirement.
Gym/FitnessCenter reimbursement to support your commitment to staying healthy.
GenerousPaid Time Off (PTO) program to help you maintain your work/life balance.
Thiscould be a telecommute to work opportunity for the right candidate.
Major Medical, Dental,Vision, 401K Plan with Employer Match, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, H.S.A. and F.S.A.Plans, Paid Time Off plus 9 Paid Holidays.
Offer is contingent upona favorable response from both a pre-employment background investigation, and adrug screen.
Stillwater Insurance Group is an equal opportunityemployer and a drug free workplace.
Apply today to start your journey of being celebrated and valuedwith Stillwater Insurance Group.
Apply for SIU Claims Investigator 1
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly