Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to work with a diverse stakeholder group, identify areas of contention and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies. The Business Systems Analyst is able to successfully transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains with minimal guidance. This job typically does not lead others. May act as a team lead on small to medium sized initiatives. The Business Systems Analyst may provide limited coaching to less experienced analysts.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with general supervision; Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively communicate requirements conflicts to project leads, assist with conflict resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
- Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements.
- Assist in defect resolution.
- Measures and tracks quality of business analysis work.
- Participate in determining how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project following enterprise and division best practices.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives.
- Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
- Effectively verifies and validates requirements; ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfills goals and objectives, and meets a stakeholder need.
- Continuously strive to improve understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
- Embrace feedback and opportunities for process improvement.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
One year of experience in Business Systems or equivalent required High school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Three years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent preferred
- Expertise in the Business Analysis Life Cycle and QA Functional Testing
- Experience with SQL and working with datasets
- Knowledge of Catastrophe Models i.e. RMS, AIR Worldwide, EQECAT, etc is a plus
- Experience with reporting tools such as QlikView, Tableau, SSRS is a plus
- Exposure to relational databases, VBA, SAS, FOCUS, Cognos, etc. a plus
- Degree BS/BA in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other related field preferred GPA of +3.4 preferred
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Analytical Thinking (Intermediate): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making. Facilitation (Intermediate): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding. Communication (Intermediate): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Teamwork (Intermediate): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result. Relationship Management (Intermediate): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results. Business Perspective (Intermediate): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions. Technology (Basic): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools). Conflict Management (Basic): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively. Change Management / Resilience (Intermediate): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands. Risk Taking (Basic): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE