Senior Test Auditor - Workers' Compensation
Position: Senior Test Auditor – Workers’ Compensation
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct on-site test audits in accordance with all established manual rules, comparing results with carrier’s audit and notifying carrier of final audit results.
- Interview employers who have been scheduled for inspection and prepare comprehensive, concise reports. Classify the employers subject to review by underwriting personnel.
- Select employers to be audited and/or inspected. Selection is made by special request or random selection.
- Arrange appointment and schedule audits and inspections.
- Work closely with carriers to explain and interpret test audit results and how discrepancies may have developed.
- Overnight travel required 25% of the time.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of MN manual rules, forms and law related to workers’ compensation.
- Ability to answer questions concerning workers’ compensation, audit requirements, experience mod and classification surveys.
- Assist insured in how or what information is needed by insurance company to perform their audits(s) such as; officer’s payroll, overtime pay and keeping payroll separate by class.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and initiative in conducting test audits and inspections in a manner that will portray a favorable image of the Association.
- Demonstrate knowledge of manual rules relating to classifications, as well as a thorough familiarity with existing classification codes.
- Ability to communicate findings effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously at all time in all contacts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated customer service experience and the ability to interact with a wide-variety of people on a daily basis in person, via telephone and email.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to learn new software.
Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree preferred and five (5) years field experience dealing face-to-face with the public.
- Five (5) or more years spent as an insurance auditor or equivalent.