Senior Treaty Reinsurance Underwriter
The Senior Treaty Reinsurance Underwriter will be part of a growing team of a well-respected regional insurance company that has been in business for over 100 years. This is a critical role in a self-contained division that runs autonomously in a collaborative environment where teamwork is practiced every day.
About the Role
In this position you will perform underwriting functions by evaluating ceding company submissions on complex renewal and new business. Additional duties include:
- Prepare and analyze exposure and experience rating data, catastrophe modeling data, financial statistics of ceding companies, and experience with the broker and client.
- Perform marketing duties by serving as a relationship manager with both domestic and international prospective clients.
- Collaborate on performing rigorous pricing analyses and contract language review on key accounts.
- Review and negotiate contracts, agreements, and addendums associated with each treaty file.
- Initiate, organize, and complete projects to increase underwriting efficiency.
Senior Treaty Reinsurance Underwriter Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, insurance, or related field.
- Five years minimum experience working in reinsurance underwriting.
- Insurance or reinsurance professional designations preferred.