Learning & Development Training Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for facilitating training classes for Operations personnel; both new hire training and continuing education for existing team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Facilitate training classes for new hire employees and existing employees
- Serve as supervisor for New hires until the new hires move to their permanent leader
- Train Operations personnel on hard skills such as systems training, processing, underwriting, billing, procedures and soft skills such as customer service, branding, connecting
- Determine training needs for all Operations employees and implements training
- Develop training materials, updates existing materials and procedures
- Monitor and tracks employee progress during training and lab including live call monitoring, adherence and providing feedback to the employee
- Answer employee questions, both in lab and on QQ when needed. Works with employees to resolve processing problems.
- Assist in the development of the training calendar and participating in focus and implementation groups
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and potential and current policyholders as well as internal customers.
- Communicate to management regarding issues affecting the performance of the staff or customer satisfaction.
- Continuously consider process improvements and implement best practices
- Identify training needs and evaluate current training methods to maximize individual performance and unit flexibility
- Coach and provide leadership in team, daily support to team members with issues; motivates others to excel
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Require a high degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Effectively communicate within Policy Operations with other business partners and third parties
- Handles situations independent of a Manager with ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers. Has the ability to handle irate callers and escalated situations
- Provide superior service by delivering a WOW experience for both independent agents and National General Insurance customers
- Shares feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Effectively communicates through oral and written communication
- May be responsible for assisting in some training outside the department and/or Company when requested. This may include training at other call center sites within Operations.
- This role requires flexibility to travel up to 20% of working time
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must possess strong facilitation skills in training development, curriculum design, course evaluations, and needs assessment
- Demonstrate expert quantitative/technical skills for analyzing quality results and offering feedback to improve results
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership, diplomacy, and coaching/mentoring skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing and customer service functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Works independently with little supervision
- Ability to successfully complete HIPPA certification annually (Health)
- Demonstrate appropriate soft skills necessary for successfully supervising work unit
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Candidates must be customer-oriented and able to effectively trouble shoot and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn
- Ability to multi-task and manage several systems on a daily basis
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- High degree of dependability, motivation and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Associates or Bachelor Degree, or equivalent leadership experience preferred
- 3+ years of in-classroom training facilitation
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the National General Insurance brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors associated with it
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of structure, functions, flow, and procedures of Policy Operations
- Previous experience in insurance customer service with personal auto, commercial, motorcycle, recreational vehicle, accident and health, supplemental health, and/or homeowners products is preferred
- Active Property & Casualty License preferred
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.