Claims Legal Bill Reviewer I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for reviewing and approving legal invoices, which includes ensuring the appropriate amount is paid on invoices submitted by Panel counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Review of incoming legal invoices to ensure the amount paid is appropriate on bills submitted by counsel
- Process the payments of legal invoices within an expected turnaround time
- Perform billing functions to include making decisions to follow up or refer when applicable
- Ensure paperwork is completed for each new firm that is consistent with company policies
- Track company approved firms, which includes maintaining contact information, rate information and specialty
- Share feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Continuously considers process improvements and shares opportunities with Leadership
- Follow work plans while maintaining an acceptable level of service, customer satisfaction and quality
- Provide general administrative support when needed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledgeable of the litigation process and legal terminology
- Law firm experience
- Ability to gather data and compile information
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Previous E-billing software usage a plus
- 2 + years of experience in a law firm
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.