Senior Manager, IT Cyber Security
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Sr. Manager, IT Cyber Security promotes an innovative, forward thinking culture to develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise cyber security program. This individual leads a multidisciplinary team responsible for cyber incident response, monitoring, threat assessment/mitigation, cyber systems architecture design and implementation while advancing enterprise cyber security capabilities. The Sr. Manager, IT Cyber Security is also responsible for Identity Access Management (IAM) operations both from a network and application access perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Develop Cyber Security budget based on current and projected cyber security needs as it pertains to personnel, security solutions, and managed services
- Encourage the development of Cyber Security personnel through coaching and specified training to accomplish organizational goals
- Technology disciplines include but are not limited to, endpoint security, data loss protection, firewalls, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention, application and system scanning tools, log collection and monitoring
- Identify, select and manage security vendors to ensure that service delivery and support meet performance and business objectives
- Continuously evaluate and assess current and future security needs of the organization, make recommendations and develop business cases to substantiate requested changes
- Understand, align, and adhere to the regulatory and compliance requirements as they continually evolve
- Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices as it relates to cyber security
- Manage relationships with third party providers of business services to the organization which includes negotiation of contract language and evaluation of third party risks related to cyber security practices
- Provide regular reporting on the cyber security program to the Senior Leadership Team, Internal Risk Management, audit committees, etc.
- Coordinate with various internal business units to include Infrastructure and Application development teams to ensure alignment with IT Cyber Security recommended best practices
- Manage security incidents and monitor the external environment for emerging threats, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 10+ years of experience as IT Security Analyst or similar job role
- 5+ years of increasing managerial experience
- Current IT Security related certifications, including one or more of the following: CISSP, CEH and/or CISM
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate cyber security risks and related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical groups
- Demonstrated technical experience with the following disciplines: endpoint security, data loss protection, firewalls, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention, application and system scanning tools, log collection and monitoring
- Must possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to research, develop, and make executive presentations for tools, techniques, and process improvement opportunities in support of cyber security initiatives and evolving threats within the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements frameworks such as: PCI, NIST, SOX, MARS-E, HIPPA, ISO27000
- Excellent project management skills including scheduling and resource management (PMP certification a strong plus)
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple efforts simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security or related field
- Supplemental education or certifications (PMP, MS IT, MBA, CPA, etc.)
- IT Security experience in a regulated environment to include one more of the following industries: Insurance, Financial Services, Pharmaceuticals
- Experience with enterprise security tools such as Tripwire Enterprise, Tripwire IP360, Nessus, BeyondTrust Retina, Qradar, Trustwave TrustKeeper, Proofpoint, McAfee ePO/HBSS
- TCP/IP, routing and switching (Cisco CCNA Security certification a strong plus)
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing, SaaS models and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) principles
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.