Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Perform a variety of legal administrative duties for assigned attorneys, many of which are unique to a legal environment and require a working knowledge of legal concepts, terminology, and processes. Assist with general office support efforts as requested and assigned.
· Organize and maintain legal files in both paper and electronic document filing systems
· Manage billing and invoice processes in electronic billing system, including opening new matters and troubleshooting billing questions
· Assist with the drafting and collection of engagement agreements and conflict waiver letters
· Compose and maintain routine correspondence
· Create, revise, format, redline, and proofread correspondence, memoranda, and complex legal and business documents
· Create, revise and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
· Assist with transactions and closings, including preparing signature pages, compiling and organizing executed documents for distribution and internal record keeping, and preparing closing binders in designated order.
· Make arrangements for travel, transportation and accommodations through the corporate travel department
· Prepare forms for expense reports and process through the corporate expense application; process check requests
· Manage attorneys’ calendars, monitor deadlines, coordinate meetings, and arrange conference/teleconference calls
· Answer multiple phone lines; screen and direct calls as appropriate
· Open, prioritize, and distribute paper and electronic mail
· Provide backup coverage for other assistants
· Develop and maintain smooth working relationships
2-5 years of prior experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary in law office handling complex transactional matters strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word (scheming, styles, and redlining), Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Established understanding of legal terminology and transactional legal practice
- Exceptional organizational and record maintenance skills for both paper and electronic files
- Familiar with the usage of a matter and document management systems and other software applications (iManage and e-billing experience a plus)
- Preferred experience in e-billing and expense reimbursement software Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to use diplomacy and discretion in relaying information
- Ability to make administrative /procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and multi-task work activities to effectively meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for learning and working collaboratively in a team environment
- Proactive approach to client service
High School Diploma or GED required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE