Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Perform a variety of legal administrative duties for assigned attorneys, many of which are unique to a legal environment and require a working knowledge of legal concepts, terminology, and processes. Assist with general office support efforts as requested and assigned.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Organize and maintain legal files in both paper and electronic document filing systems
* Manage billing and invoice processes in electronic billing system, including opening new matters and troubleshooting billing questions
* Assist with the drafting and collection of engagement agreements and conflict waiver letters
* Compose and maintain routine correspondence
* Create, revise, format, redline, and proofread correspondence, memoranda, and complex legal and business documents
* Create, revise and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
* Assist with transactions and closings, including preparing signature pages, compiling and organizing executed documents for distribution and internal record keeping, and preparing closing binders in designated order.
* Make arrangements for travel, transportation and accommodations through the corporate travel department
* Prepare forms for expense reports and process through the corporate expense application; process check requests
* Manage attorneys' calendars, monitor deadlines, coordinate meetings, and arrange conference/teleconference calls
* Answer multiple phone lines; screen and direct calls as appropriate
* Open, prioritize, and distribute paper and electronic mail
* Provide backup coverage for other assistants
* Develop and maintain smooth working relationships
High School Diploma or GED required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
2-5 years of prior experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary in law office handling complex transactional matters strongly preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced computer skills, including Word (scheming, styles, and redlining), Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Established understanding of legal terminology and transactional legal practice
- Exceptional organizational and record maintenance skills for both paper and electronic files
- Familiar with the usage of a matter and document management systems and other software applications (iManage and e-billing experience a plus)
- Preferred experience in e-billing and expense reimbursement software Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to use diplomacy and discretion in relaying information
- Ability to make administrative /procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and multi-task work activities to effectively meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for learning and working collaboratively in a team environment
- Proactive approach to client service
Position requires physical activity including but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE