Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
As a Platform Delivery Lead-Sr. Director, you'll be joining an organization that has end-to-end accountability for defining capabilities to meet business objectives, leading delivery of small to large-sized projects of moderate to high complexity to bring capabilities to market, and monitoring and operational support post-implementation. This is a project delivery role where you'll have the opportunity to apply your business acumen and critical thinking to define solutions to deliver the expected value - then see the execution through to implementation.
Responsible for driving the broad planning processes across assigned business areas and enhancing integration between Strategic and Business Planning activities. Maintains overall project accountability for end-to-end delivery of business capability. In addition, the successful candidate will have enterprise responsibility to shared functions (i.e. Governance, PMO, Metrics and Communications).
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Analytics Platform in Personal Insurance to deliver upon the strategic discretionary investment dollars associated with the Analytics Platform
- Define market facing capabilities that align with the organization's strategic imperatives, focusing on projects leveraging new technology to maintain and expand our competitive advantage in advanced analytics capabilities
- Understand the company's business strategy, operating vision, business imperatives and capabilities, and how they define technology imperatives and business capabilities
- Partners with Business Architecture & Analysis practice to translate Strategic Planning outputs into an actionable plan which defines, links, and sequences business capabilities to overall business objectives, focusing on delivery of Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics projects
- Evolve the analytics delivery model to apply delivery best practices to a rapidly evolving skills and technology landscape
- Provides input to Portfolio Investment prioritization for Project and Enhancement level requests
- Define the specific business solutions and structures needed to realize opportunities that create business value for the organization and introduce capability to the market place
- Directly leads definition and refinement of Project scope, solution approach and delivery cost / timeline parameters [both at the content and structure level]
- Assist in evaluating business process solutions to make sure they are flexible enough to support incremental development, ongoing maintenance and future enhancements to the system architecture
- Support the Business in the analysis activities, requirements gathering, and solution development to ensure business capability integrity is adhered to
- Work with business and technical architects to explore and define how the proposed solutions will fit into the overall enterprise architecture
- Serve as liaison to the business community, to ensure that its needs are fully understood by the project team
- Assist in the development of the project CBA providing input and driving balance of solution cost and benefit realization against capability goals and objectives
- Develops and maintains integrated Program / Project plan with detailed deliverables, dependencies, IT milestones, and end-to-end critical path
- Manage the delivery and execution of the programs and projects to ensure business capability is realized
- Help define the performance goals/SLAs, KPIs, and key milestones for the proposed solutions
- Understand the key challenges that sponsors and key stakeholders face
- Identify risks and assumptions associated with the functional elements of the solution
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred (or MBA). 9 years of project management experience preferred. 3 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs. Charged with mid-Project recovery of at risk Projects. Recommends rescoping, postponement, or cancellation as needed. Provides substantive feedback to organizational learnings regarding improving Project Management execution.
- Experience with delivery of business intelligence, advanced analytics, or data management projects strongly preferred
- Insurance Industry and Travelers specific acumen preferred
- Problem solving and analytical aptitude
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic and business planning
- Demonstrated leadership/ employee development ability
- Business case development
- Large scale program delivery/management
- Facilitation skills
- Change management
- Performance measurement
- Ability to effectively provide transparency into capabilities / solutioning and articulate to senior executives
- Communications - Written and Oral
- Strong skills in Excel/Access/PowerPoint/Word
- Clearly understands how unit relates to the businesses supported and aligns work to support
- business goals.
- Maintains a positive, achievement-oriented attitude
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in achieving results
- Anticipates on-going needs of customers and proactively works to develop solutions
- Uses resources effectively - is well organized and sets priorities to meet critical business needs
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE