Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Responsible for becoming a business content expert and representing the voice of the stakeholder in projects assigned to the Business Analyst/Project Leader.
Serve as the business representative to drive the execution of IT projects in Commercial Surety, working with the Strategic Initiatives Director, business SME's, senior leadership, and other stakeholders in an Agile framework. Work with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs.
Works with supervision and guidance and is responsible for applying basic Project Management/Business Analysis knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Become an acknowledged expert in business content and represent the voice of the stakeholder in work assigned.
- As directed, collaborate with designated business team members to participate in the generation of original business scope requirements to help support the BU roadmap and help define business issues and opportunities.
- Work as a member of Project Management office to drive requirements gathering and solicitation.
- Collaborate with SME's and others as needed resolve questions and issues.
- Participate in Team and System Demos, Retrospectives.
- Coordinate content dependencies with other Project Leaders and Product Owners.
- Communicate with Product Management team regarding iteration and project status, issues, blockers, post-implementation needs.
- Coordinate UAT efforts working with QA Team.
- Create release materials and training documents.
- Execute and coordinate training events.
- Monitor use and understanding of application project post-implementation, and re-address materials and training approach as needed.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 2 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience managing the entire life cycle of a project preferred.
- Background in Surety underwriting desirable.
- Project Management and/or Business Analysis experience desirable.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to effectively manage teams / project management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel/Pivot Tables
- Demonstrates initiative and maintains a positive attitude
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE