Creative Services / Graphic Design Intern
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Excellent opportunity to put your design and editing skills to work in a collaborative environment, while gaining valuable business experience!
The Creative Services Intern will assist in graphic design, creation, and editing of marketing materials and other visual communications for Assurant Investment Management (AIM), the client facing investment subsidiary of Assurant. This role will interface with senior investment management staff and will participate in all aspects of designing the visual communication style and structure for AIM marketing materials, investor communications, and other ad hoc presentations. The role will leverage the candidates knowledge and proficiency of graphic design and presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign) to develop comprehensive materials that accurately and effectively communicate ideas and information about the companys services. The position also includes the potential to learn and grow with the business over time.
- Developing and producing visual communication materials for the investment management business (70%)
- Assisting with post-design creation, production, and formatting of print media including letters, investment memos, fact-sheets, and internal communications (20%)
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as needed (10%)
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Currently enrolled (or in process of enrollment) in a degree program at an accredited college or university
- Demonstrable experience with graphics software including Adobe Creative Cloud
- Willingness and ability to provide samples / portfolio of graphic design work product
- Ability to work at least 20 hours/week for 2018 Summer/Fall, with the potential for full/part-time on an ongoing basis
- Experience with HTML considered a plus, but is not required
- Excellent visual communications and graphic design capabilities
- Strong writing and communication skills
Competitive hourly rate!