HR Learning Design Sr Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Enterprise Learning Design Senior Consultant II is responsible for delivering a broad scope of learning initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and a broad perspective. The individual assists in the development, implementation and delivery of routine and innovative solutions that support the enterprise learning process. The role manages the implementation of technology and content development initiatives. Assignments are of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
- Identify new and emerging technology-based approaches to enhance current instructional delivery methods.
- Support the Enterprise Learning Solutions Strategy by aligning to business goals and functional requirements for enterprise learning solutions.
- Actively participate as a member of the Enterprise Learning and Talent & Leadership Effectiveness Teams to provide input and subject matter expertise in solution design, development, and execution of a process to ensure that new learning offerings, processes, and employee communications are aligned with the business strategy.
- Stay current with trends through best practice research, internal/external benchmarking, and participation in professional associations.
- Design and develop instructional materials that transform complex information into professionally written, interactive multimedia instruction.
- Support established instructional design standards and adult learning methodologies to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate enterprise and business units learning programs.
- Build organizational expertise in enterprise learning tools through cross-enterprise peer collaboration, training, and by maintaining learning system documentation for all user populations.
- Build relationships with a broad range of stakeholder groups to provide on-going consultation; actively work with business partners, client services, and HR Areas of Responsibilities (AORs) to optimize client and enterprise learning solutions.
- Actively participate in the delivery of core Talent & Leadership Effectiveness initiatives; also work with clients to gain in depth knowledge and understanding in support of client business initiatives.
- Ensure instructional design solutions are appropriately matched to learning objectives, design content structures, and learning methodologies for e-Learning, instructor-led, virtual classroom, video, virtual simulations and blended solutions.
- Support usability and system testing, training, communications, and system deployment for enterprise learning tools.
- Collaborate with peers to design and implement interface connections for enterprise learning systems (e.g. LMS, virtual classroom).
- Partner with vendors to ensure content interoperability.
- Accountable for successful collaboration and leadership of multiple projects necessary to implement the broader T&LE strategy.
- Manage multiple project work streams effectively.
- Maintain project documents, status reports, measurements, and performance expectations for all projects.
- Collaborate with others in key business and/or functional initiatives.
- Research and recommend learning technology vendors with respect to applicable skill sets, innovative tools, valuable services, and proven successes in the Learning industry.
- Partner with vendors to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Human Performance Technology, or related field.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in a position with demonstrated success in the area of Enterprise Learning, instructional design, eLearning development, and execution of all phases of the design life cycle.
- Experience with e-learning standards and LMS content integration with AICC and SCORM .
- Prior experience with e-Learning authoring software required (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, and Adobe Captivate, or equivalent development tools).
- Subject matter expertise in the design and development of instructional materials, incorporating adult learning principles, Blooms Taxonomy, Kirkpatricks Levels of Evaluation, and other instructional design concepts.
- Strong analytical skills and learning technology skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software and knowledge of SAP, Success Factors and Learning Technology platforms preferred.
- Strong work ethic with commitment to high performance, quality, and service excellence.
- Advanced time management and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to establish, manage, and leverage relationships with internal and external partners.
- Innovative thinking and problem solving skills; as well as the ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively.
- Flexibility and capability to perform in ambiguous situations.
- Consulting presence Interact and facilitate meetings with various levels of leadership; adapting behavior to different people and situations.
- Consulting capabilities Develop relationships with various stakeholders that maximize the achievement of business outcomes, client commitment, and long-term sustainability.
- Prior experience in facilitating learning technology or content development instructional sessions preferred.
- Ability to work independently to achieve deadlines.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.