Lead Software Engineer - Conan
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for the designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting of complex software systems programming applications. In addition, supervises and monitors the designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting of complex software systems programming applications of more junior software engineers. Functions as a technical mentor for more junior personnel in the design and optimization of software development. Reviews and oversees improvements in the design and coding of more junior developers.
- Makes complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations. Designs and develops complex programs to fit specialized needs and configurations.
- Informs and guides other systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system, to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Supervises more junior software engineers in the maintenance of program libraries and technical documentation.
- With the assistance of more junior software engineers plans, schedules and implements software development.
- Consults with users concerning maintenance of the software system and supervisors more junior software engineers concerning maintenance of the software system. Consults with business analysts, project managers and other stake holders in the development of new software and supervisors more junior developers in their consultations with stake holders.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as requested. In addition, directs others on special projects and the performance of other duties.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires more than two years of experience working on large and complex business systems. Must have experience in assisting and mentoring others in the development, design, testing and documenting of complex business systems.
- Requires at least two years of expert level experience working with Oracle/Java/.NET.
- This position may require travel at various times for conferences, education, etc.
- This position requires the ability to constructively train, mentor and advise other software engineers.
- Expert hands-on experience using Oracle/Java/.NET.
- Knowledge of insurance industry is a plus.
- Expert experience maintaining and developing large, complex systems.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to mentor and assist more junior software engineers on a regular basis in addition to all other responsibilities.
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.