From humble beginnings in its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. With a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services. Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nations 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage more than $1.4 billion in assets. The groups motto is Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust. a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country. The center of the banks business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
About Westfield Bank
Commercial Loan Underwriter 1 Job Summary
Salary Range: $44,492.00-$51,167.00-$57,841.00
The Commercial Loan Underwriter 1 is an entry level commercial loan underwriter working under direct supervision. This position is responsible to gather, review and verify financial status and general business information pertaining to less complex existing customer and prospective loan requests. This job learns how to perform financial analyses needed to make credit decisions. Prepares annual portfolio reviews, reports, and other activities of the credit function for Westfield Bank as assigned by manager.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Gathers, reviews and verifies financial status and general business information pertaining to less complex existing customer and prospective loan requests. Investigates and verifies financial status and creditworthiness of customers applying for credit.
2. Learns to perform financial analyses by reviewing and evaluating applications, analyzing financial information and substantiating data. Prepares financial statement spreads, risk rating, cash flow, covenant compliance testing, collateral analyses, credit presentation document, etc. for approval. May contact borrowers to request current financial information if necessary.
3. Learns to review and begins to analyze various data to efficiently and effectively reach conclusion on degree of risk associated with extension of credit.
4. Typically reviews line of credit renewals up to $1 million in aggregate debt.
5. Prepares annual portfolio review, reports, and other activities of the credit function as assigned by manager.
6. Organizes necessary documentation to substantiate findings and reviews with Team Lead or supervisor.
7. Maintains measurements, reporting, and other activities to ensure policies, procedures, marketing materials, and staff are in compliance with all state and federal laws (such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, etc.), OCC regulations, etc.
8. Maintains and supports programs, systems, and software associated with lending function.
9. Maintains awareness, understanding, and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws, and regulations appropriate for this position.
10. Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 2 or more years college-level coursework with a focus in business, accounting, finance, statistics, or related field or commensurate work experience.
2. Working knowledge of business financial information (e.g. tax returns, financial statements, etc.).
3. Proven ability to work with confidential information.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
5. Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of bank personnel and external contacts.
6. Demonstrated strong customer service orientation, attention to detail, and adaptability to various situations.
7. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company policy.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as required.
Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.
To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfield-bank.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.