Director, Process and Performance Management
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Process and Performance Management!
This position plays a leadership role in establishing the processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective controls for areas of responsibilities and assignments within EBS. This position must have a long term focus on superior operational excellence, continuous improvement, transformation, and ongoing value add to Assurant and stakeholders. To be effective in this role, must be excelling at customer relations, leading teams, project management, complex problem resolution, and managing processes. This position is also responsible for the team(s)s preparation, processing, reporting, and / or delivery of service.
- Key leadership role in developing and implementing process and performance management strategies to support Assurant by providing competitive advantage.
- Benchmark and evaluate market trends and gather market intelligence.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key department stakeholders across teams, functions, and locations to enhance planning, leverage reporting opportunities and improve processes.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders such as EBS Towers, ESO, Finance and Accounting to drive related strategies throughout Assurant.
Operational Excellence (20%)
- Support the management of vendor relationships and assess vendor quality assurance; present corrective action plans and follow up to ensure performance improvement. Provide governance through monitoring and reporting on all service levels and contractual commitments.
- Manage or participate in the creation and operation of a forward looking expense planning process which addresses important business issues such as forecasting and planning, expense allocation, activity based costing, business case, and cost benefit analysis.
- Implement and manage strategic initiatives with business stakeholders including identifying barriers and establishing solutions in a collaborative manner.
- Partners with EBS Tower Leads to facilitate identification, prioritization, and initiation of projects; metrics/measures for the functional process areas; and continuous and ongoing process improvements.
- Management of All Ideas Matters, continuous improvement program
Development of Engaged, Action Oriented Employees (20-30%)
- Ensure job descriptions, annual performance process and individual development process are utilized to drive performance and behavior of the team
- Identify best practices and skill growth opportunities in functional areas to ensure effective ongoing training of staff.
- Work closely with staff to understand each individual needs, level or performance and assist in achieving individual excellence within their roles.
Lead and/or support complex projects (10%)
- Participate / lead strategic projects that drive successful delivery of goals for Assurant, key functional areas or EBS.
- Provide project management services from initiation through closing according to established project management methodology.
Drive the overall value of Process and Performance Management (20%)
- Key member of the PPM leadership team that ensures strategy, processes and skill developments across the areas, and support the overall strategic goals of PPM, EBS and AIZ.
- Actively promotes innovation and collaboration, provides guidance, uses Assurant network or ideas and problem solving, leads on a cross site basis, actively transfers knowledge and facilitates consistency.
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, or finance
- 8 years of experience in accounting or finance related areas
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Masters degree in Business or Finance preferred
- 5+ Years of experience in shared service center and/or financial service industry and/or insurance industry
- Six Sigma or equivalent efficiency process experience
- Knowledge in software for accounting and financial operations and demonstrated experience on management and control of the processes and financial practices (i.e. SOX, MAR, audits)
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including the application of related theory.
- Managing a quality assurance or audit program.