Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a senior engineer on our Digital Technologies team. You will be joining an innovative team that is creating forward thinking software solutions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Full stack developer/engineer
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Deliver high quality code thru hands on development with attention to detail
- Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
- Enjoy mentoring others on development processes
- Work closely in an Agile team of product owner, engineers and scrum master in a collaborative environment
- Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
- ReactJS, Angular and other modern JS UI frameworks, CSS, Bootstrap
- NodeJS/.NET Framework and ES2015+ experience desirable
- Hands-on experience working with web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP
- Experienced in automated unit testing and acceptance testing frameworks (NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, Selenium)
- Working experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating environment
- Experience in client facing technologies and heavy hands on development as an individual contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous delivery, configuration management and tools is desired
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Angular 2+
- .Net Framework/.Net Core
- Automated unit testing with JS and .NET
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE