Underwriting Policy Analyst II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Underwriting Policy Team is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the quality of the book of business through collaboration with internal and external business partners to leverage analytics in developing Countrywide underwriting standards and influence business results through the use of underwriting process and guidelines.
The Underwriting Policy Analyst II is an analyst position responsible for collection of information/data that will be used for analytics. This role will work with leadership, as well as other team members, in not only providing extracted data, but this role should understand and be able to apply it. Supports teams in the implementation or design and communication of projects, products, or analytics.
Research and Analysis
- Ability to leverage various data sources and applications to retrieve, conduct research and manipulate data; must have a working knowledge of data used and various tools for organizing and presenting data (Business Objects, Excel, Access, Tableau)
- With minimal direction, researches, retrieves and resolves basic underwriting data requests (loss, distribution, frequency, inspection metrics, etc.)
- Performs data verification/reasonability checks on the data to ensure accuracy
- Leverages data to provide preliminary observations and basic trend analysis (e.g., underwriting, competitor analysis, financial)
- Presents data in a usable format for further monitoring, analysis, and communication
- Partners with internal stakeholders to validate data findings
- Shares CW insights and supports integration and delivery of planned changes/ projects/ products to regions/field
- Possesses basic knowledge of standard market specific implications of CW business strategies (e.g., Impacts of product changes relative to mix of business trends, correct classification, discount utilization, etc.)
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Supports the development/design of new plans, programs, processes, products by providing relevant underwriting data to assist in decision making products (e.g., t-doc handling, inspection process, endorsement standards, correct class programs)
- Supports short-term and long-term deliverables
- Supports in the development of communication plans for Leadership
- Participates in the evaluation of existing procedures and processes, determining whether or not they are needed, and begins to recommend any process improvements (e.g., t-docs, inspections, endorsement processing, etc.)
- Monitors metrics/data to ensure processes are followed and applied consistently. Discusses anomalies with the team and supports recommended actions to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively participates in building strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Solicits feedback from key internal stakeholders
- Actively communicates project status with Leaders
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 0-2 years industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of underwriting, product management and general insurance principles
- Computer proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
- Good collaboration and relationship skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.