National Accounts - Sr. Account Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The National Account Management team provides enhanced customer support to our top brokers and accounts by providing a single point of contact for all processing, service, issue resolution and ongoing relationship management.
This Lead Consultant position functions as a Senior Account Manager. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Premier Partner programs to defend our leadership position and grow our market share in the voluntary benefits industry by strengthening our value proposition to the national broker channel and most importantly, the Power 6 Brokers (Aon, Aon Active Exchange, Conduent, Gallagher, Marsh/Trion/MMC Agencies, Mercer/Mercer Marketplace 365 and Willis Towers Watson).
- The principle areas of concentration include: introduction to the voluntary benefits management team within the Power6 and Premier Partner brokers, client relationship development, program expansion and implementation.
- Responsible for the overall health of the broker relationship and satisfaction with Allstate Benefits as a preferred carrier partner.
- Coordinate, document, and communicate project plans and requirements for Premier Partner support: Strategy Session; Stewardship Meetings: Report Management; Underwriting Offer; Training; Marketing Support; and Relationship Development events.
- Work with Finance and Vice Presidents of National Accounts (VPNA) team to support new sales initiatives such as the Low Participation Accounts resurrection project.
- Partner with 3rd party Technology Vendors to coordinate mutual sales teams training and collaboration.
- Work in collaboration with the SVPNA and VPNA team to execute new sales initiatives to achieve sales goal objectives.
- Coordinate large/mega account development with the Home Office Accounts Sales Executive.
- Power6 conference support from content development, selection of attendees/presenters, meeting scheduling/confirmation, giveaways and follow up requirements.
- Coordinate with Finance on the annual Supplemental Compensation contract requirements, delivery and receipt of executed documents as well as confirmation of accurate Finance payments.
- Coordinate with Partner Development team to insure appropriate communication, collaboration and project management between 3rd party technology vendors and their associated Premier Partner broker firms.
- Train VPNA personnel on new sales initiatives.
- Maintain understanding of products, services, and processes of the National Accounts distribution channel.
- Work in conjunction with the Reporting unit to provide Broker, Home Office Accounts, Top 30 Accounts stewardship, commission and claims reports.
- National Accounts Underwriting Offer Library creation and maintenance.
- Development of a Reference Library and management responsibilities.
- Consult, influence, and educate external clients on the Allstate Benefits value proposition and differentiators.
- Handle multiple projects and activities and prioritizes activities.
- Demonstrate good team skills including leadership and persuasion.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the Premier Partner brokers and the Home Office departments
- Control and manage expenses to Company standards.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field strongly preferred.
5+ years of previous experience in insurance account management.
Experience working with large national accounts preferred.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and strong computer skills are a must.
- Must have excellent customer service, verbal/written communication, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- 5 years Project experience both individual and team.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision while managing multiple projects in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence others.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.