Product Management Director - A&H
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for development and execution of product strategy; identify and drive initiatives to attain target sales growth and margin. Oversee new product development, distribution strategy, vendor relationships, and operations related to product design, medical management, cost reduction and claims payment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time
- Strategic initiatives including managing, implementing and maintaining state insurance products, key sales and marketing initiatives, and key partner relationship management
- Develop and drive business strategy in order to meet stated objectives regarding revenue growth and profitability of products
- Direct and develop team members, directly managing product resources
- Maintain and grow a relationship between National General Insurance and key distribution partners
- Direct the profitability, conservation, refinement and expansion of existing business and implementation of any new product structures.
- Identify, refine, and implement product adjustments to improve product competitiveness
- Direct state and product efforts with IT, Sales, Compliance, Marketing, Finance and other areas both within the division and throughout the enterprise
- Analyze and evaluate monthly and/or quarterly financial results while identifying and developing areas of opportunity for improvement/growth and take necessary actions to meet corporate goals
- Communicate results and action plans with team members on a regular basis
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of proven success at a senior management level in Product/Marketing/Pricing Management with an A&H insurance carrier
- Self-starter who is a consummate team player and driven to succeed
- Ability to drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, drive decisions, see trends/patterns within data sets, and identify root causes
- High degree of initiative, mature judgement, inquisitiveness, and discretion
- Excellent communication, presentation, persuasion, time management, strategic planning and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Maintain a working knowledge of all rating and product activities within their geographic scope
- Ability to develop, present, and execute effective business plans and budgets to meet corporate goals
- Expertise with DOI and legal regulations as pertains to A&H insurance products and services
- Masters Degree
- Thorough understanding of the medium sized employer (51-200 employees) group health plan market
- Existing relationships with distribution partners and vendors in the medium sized employer group market
- Experience developing health plan stop loss products and collaboration with Managing General Underwriters
- Experience with medium sized employer market distribution partners and marketing/brand management
- Understanding of claims management and cost containment practices in the medium sized employer health plan market
- Ability to develop new products to market: concept, marketing, distribution, build and administration
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.