The AAA Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking a Senior Hadoop
Developer for the Big Data team in Costa Mesa, CA. This developer should understand
business requirements and use big data technology to design technical solutions to
transform large amounts of complex data into actionable business opportunities.
As a Senior Hadoop Developer, you will;
* Build SQL/HIVE databases and tables.
* Define technical requirements, performance tuning, analytical and business user support.
* Write PIG scripts, as well as develop data integration and ingestion processes.
* Architect data pipelines and integrations with internal and external sources.
* Build job automation and scheduling using Control-M, unit and system testing.
What you'll bring:
Senior developers need to able to think outside the box and understand the big
picture thought process with an ability to communicate clearly to business owners. In
addition to these skills, the following qualifications;
* Bachelors or Masters Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or
* Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background
and drug screenings.
* Experience as a senior technical developer or a data engineer.
* Expert level experience working with relational databases, MPP systems, and
* Hadoop distributions.
* Advanced level knowledge of SQL.
* Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc.)
* Working experience with Unix/Linux, as well as Python or a programming
? Experience with Control-M, Tableau, and R.
? Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience.
What's in it for you:
? Health Care coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employee Life Insurance
& a wellness Program offering free health screenings and incentives. As well as
Disability Coverage & an AAA paid Pension Plan.
? Robust Employee Rewards/ Discount Program, discounts on automobile and
homeowner's insurance & a Credit Union Membership
? Paid Time Off (Vacation, Illness, Holiday and Flex days)
? 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
Who is AAA?
As North Americas largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides
more than 15 million members, across 21 states, with roadside assistance, travel,
insurance, financial and automotive-related services.
Our brand is synonymous with quality and trust. Our team members are
compassionate, helpful, dedicated and driven to providing legendary service to our
Make AAA your next career move.
'Creating members for life by exceeding members' expectations through valuable
products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE