- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
R&Q is a diverse insurance group, headquartered and operating in Bermuda and with extensive operations in the US and Europe.We currently have over 200 employees and provide a range of career opportunities for individuals either starting their career in insurance or experienced staff looking for their next career move.
Our Group is highly entrepreneurial and the development of our people is key. We work to achieve the highest standards of quality in everything that we do.
- Assist US M&A Actuary with reserving due diligence on potential acquisitions of carriers/captives in run-off and LPTs.
- Performs reserve evaluation on existing books of business.
- Monitors profitability and industry reserve trends.
- Evaluation of statutory changes.
- Exposure analyses where appropriate.
- Actuarial support as required for any litigation or collateral review process.
- Interaction with Senior Management, Underwriting, Claims, Finance and Risk Management to ensure that the reserving models continue to appropriately reflect the business.
- Other duties as required by the business
Skills, Abilities and Job Knowledge Required:
- Previous workers compensation experience. GL/PL/AL/Med Mal experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of reserving models.
- Knowledge of reserving software, e.g. ResQ and bespoke WC models is a plus.
- Team player with good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of disciplines outside of the department.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Access.
- Limited physical exertion required (lifting heavy files).
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Travel to Bermuda office at least quarterly.
Apply for Actuarial Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly