- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Position Summary: Performs work as assigned in order to support accounting operations and meet the needs of the company.
- Accounting Duties - Processes and records payments in claims system. Perform a verity of tasks within QuickBooks to include but not limited to general journal entries, credit memos, create invoices, invoice payments, creating checks for expenses. Receive, open, sort mail as needed. Research and solve payment/billing discrepancies in both the claims system and QuickBooks. Perform month end client statements. Keep paperwork organized and matched with supporting documents at all times. Scan and file all supporting documentation. Support the specialists while processing recoveries and expenses. Process American Express payables. Perform reconciliations/audits.
- Reporting - Generates reports and statements from the claims system and QuickBooks. Create reports for internal and external parties.
- Productivity/Efficiency - Must be able to work independently and perform other job-related tasks as identified and updated through the changing needs of the team. Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as prioritizing or reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Organization and time management – Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Responsiveness - Ability to adapt to meet the needs of a fast paced team, respond with flexibility to support the work flow of the company as needed.
- Problem Solving - Ability to take action to solve problems. Investigate and follow through on unusual requests for service or information.
- Attention to Detail - The ability to follow directions. Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all duties. Ability to be thorough and complete when processing, posting, computing numbers, or providing information and documentation. Ability to track details and provide accurate documentation even under pressure.
- Teamwork - Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members. Consider the impact of your actions on team members throughout the company.
- High School Diploma, prefer Associates Degree.
- Typing 45+ wpm accurately.
- Computer application knowledge.
- Claims system knowledge helpful.
- Basic accounting knowledge in order to make accurate computations.
Apply for Accounting Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly