AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., is a New York City-based multinational property and casualty insurance company. Operating through its subsidiaries, its operations are divided into three segments: Small Commercial Business insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty insurance, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty insurance.
Supervises activities within the Subrogation Department. This encompasses supervision of the recovery of money paid on insurance claims involving workers compensation, property and/or casualty claims. This position involves the direct handling of tasks or claims in addition to supervision of staff.
- Oversees the handling of all aspects of the subrogation portion of claims assigned to the unit including communication, documentation, litigation management, evaluation, and lien resolution.
- Ensures all subrogation claims conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
- Ensures subrogation efforts are consistent with applicable policies, procedures and department guidelines.
- Supervises maintenance of all claim records.
- Reviews issues and complaints that subrogation adjusters are unable to resolve and prepares formal response to consumer complaints.
- Analyzes and approves lien resolution above the subrogation adjusters authority and prepares claim for review of Recovery Claims Manager when lien resolution is above the supervisors personal authority.
- Completes regular quality audits of staffs work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
- Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assures that all customers receive quality service.
- Other tasks as assigned by Recovery Claims Manager, V.P. of Claim Shared Services or other AmTrust Senior Claims Management.
- Thorough understanding of laws, principles of coverage, liability and insurance industry in general.
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
- Leadership skills; ability to plan, organize, delegate and develop corporate human resources.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction.
- Assist with Subrogation Reporting and Data Management.
- Sound command of the English language and ability to operate business technology.
- College degree is preferred.
- Valid adjusters license in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such, if required by subordinate position duties.
- 8 years experience in Property and Casualty Claims or Workers Compensation Claims.
- Specific prior experience in a dedicated subrogation unit is required.
Technical Proficiencies is a plus:
- CSRP (Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional) designation.
Other Competencies or Skills:
- Experience with Intercompany Arbitration is necessary.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
- Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
- Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration.
- Participate in the specialized training and handling of complex subrogation matters and projects requiring advanced subrogation knowledge and experience.
- Manages the development and training of subordinates, including monitoring and relaying information to the staff regarding changes in coverage and laws.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.