AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., is a New York City-based multinational property and casualty insurance company. Operating through its subsidiaries, its operations are divided into three segments: Small Commercial Business insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty insurance, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty insurance.
Manages activities and staff who work in the national special investigation unit. This encompasses supervision of fraud investigations for claims, underwriting and premium collection. This position directly supervises AmTrust direct staff and our dedicated SIU vendor.
Oversees the handling of all aspects of the fraud investigations assigned to the unit.
Ensures all SIU assignments conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
Ensures SIU efforts are consistent with applicable policies, procedures, department guidelines as well as federal and state regulations in fraud investigations.
Supervises maintenance of all claim records.
Works with Corporate audit to ensure compliance.
Reviews issues and complaints as to staff or vendor performance.
Analyzes and approves restitution agreements associated with fraud convictions.
Completes regular quality audits of staffs work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
Completes special projects as assigned.
Assures that all customers receive quality service.
Other tasks as assigned by Shared Services Vice President or other AmTrust Senior Claims Management.
Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration.
Participate in the specialized training and handling of complex SIU matters and projects requiring advanced SIU and insurance fraud knowledge and experience.
Manages the development and training of subordinates, including monitoring and relaying information to the staff regarding changes in procedures and laws.
- Skills Required
- Thorough understanding of laws, principles of insurance special investigation.
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
- Leadership skills; ability to plan, organize, delegate and develop corporate human resources.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction.
- Sound command of the English language.
- Ability to operate business technology.
- College degree or 8 years equivalent experience and skills required.
- Law enforcement experience whether local, state or federal is preferred.
- Prior supervisory or management experience is preferred.
- SIU professional designations such as FCLS are preferred.
Degree of Supervision Required
- Very limited supervision required.
- Normal office conditions.
- May require occasional evening and/or weekend work.
- Some travel may be required.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.