Internship, Data Science
- Career Level
- Not Specified
CopperPoint Mutual is seeking qualified candidates for an Internship, Data Science. The Data Science Intern will report to the Assistant Vice President, Data Science & Analytics. The position will help department with data collection, cleansing and analysis for our new pricing model.Responsibilities
- Assist with development of the pricing/tiering model.
- Create a detailed data inventory for our business needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be detailed oriented.
Skills in some areas such as:
- Statistics, Data Query & Analysis, machine learning methods such as clustering, segmentation & decision trees
- Programming skills (Python and Java)
- Simulation and Optimization methods
Some experience working with:
- Data & analytics methods
- Databases and query languages
- Analytics projects with tools such as R and Python
- Simulation projects using tools such as Anylogic and Matlab
- Must currently be enrolled in a college or university.
- Hours: 40 hours/week for 10 weeks, at $15 per hour
- Ability to work at events
- Weekly meetings with supervisor(s) to monitor progress
- May 21, 2018 July 27, 2018
About CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company:
- Rated A- "Excellent" by A.M. Best, is the state's premier provider of workers compensation insurance.
- CopperPoint has begun to offer other additional commercial insurance products as well as offering workers compensation insurance in other Western states.
- Promotes a culture of workplace safety statewide via partnerships and training.
- In 2017, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,500 hours of volunteer time
- Is a four-time winner, Best Places to Work.
CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.