Accountant: SEC and Regulatory Reporting
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Were on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Accountant-Regulatory Reporting opportunity allows coordination with internal stakeholders for information reported (i) within SEC filings for SEC registrants and (ii) within GAAP financial statements for non-public entities, as well as analysis of such information for completeness and accuracy. This candidate will be exposed to multiple areas within Brighthouse Financials SEC reporting team including: cash flow statement production, document management pertaining to the 10-K and 10-Q and debt & equity accounting functions.
- Preparation of documentary support for all reported information, which includes business data, core financial statements, footnote disclosures, schedules as applicable
- Assist with the collection of data and preparation of support for ad hoc requests.
- Assist with other quarterly and year-end reporting tasks, such as status assessments, submission and production tracking, metrics, due diligence over internal controls and key information
- Involvement in project management whereby financial reporting objectives are continuously evaluated in relation to ongoing projects and changes in accounting guidance.
- Partner with varying other business which allows exposure to our Treasury, Legal, Reinsurance, Controllers and Internal Controls teams. Strong communication skills will be required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of experience in Accounting and Financial Services
- Knowledge and experience in financial reporting (e.g., standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, slice-and-dice and drill-down reporting) to perform detailed analysis of financial statements
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in a timely manner
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft/Cubus (or similar general ledger application), SAP
- Workiva WDesk & XBRL experience are a plus
- 1+ years experience specifically in financial reporting, SEC reporting or public accounting preferred
- Completion of, or working towards CPA desired
- Knowledge and experience working with life insurers financial statements preparation a plus